I aced my Evidence exam by using the best Evidence supplement and mastering issue-spotter fact patterns. Here is the best Evidence supplement that law students use to ace Evidence.
Best Evidence Supplement
If you buy only one Evidence supplement, then this is the one. Evidence (Examples and Explanations) by Professor Best is the Evidence supplement that all others are judged by.
Evidence E&E Table Of Contents
- The General Requirement of Relevance
- Specific Exclusions of Relevant Material
- Defining Hearsay
- Exceptions to the Hearsay Exclusionary Rule
- Examination and Impeachment
- Expert Testimony
- Authentication and the Original Writing Rule
- Judicial Notice
- Analyzing Exam Questions: Multi-Issue Essay and Multiple-Choice Questions
- Federal Rules of Evidence
3 Reasons Why The Evidence E&E Is The Best Evidence Supplement
- It breaks down extremely difficult Evidence concepts, like tricky hearsay exceptions and exclusions, into easy to digest, bite size pieces.
- The multi-issue problems at the end of each chapter help sharpen your legal reasoning skills and solidify key legal concepts.
- By using tables, charts, and a straight-to-the-point writing style, the Evidence (E&E) teaches you practically everything you need to know to ace your Evidence exam.
Here’s one student’s experience using the Evidence E&E:
This book is a must buy for any law student in evidence. I have purchased the “Example and Explanations” books for Civ Pro, Torts, Contracts, and Real Property. After utilizing these texts for 2 years now, I can honestly saw they teach me more about the material and subjects than my teachers in class. If you are struggling with Evidence, which a lot of people do, then this text is well worth the small investment. Plus, a law student can keep these texts for future reference forever because they truly help to explain the subjects to students. I have been using example and explanations books since day 1 of law school and I have yet to be disappointed. The best part of the text are the examples at the end of every chapter.
How To Use The Evidence E&E To Ace Your Evidence Exam
Here are three tips for how to use the best Evidence supplement to ace your exam.
First, pick up an Evidence Outline from someone who crushed their Evidence exam. This will serve as a roadmap for your Evidence class.
Second, read the relevant section of the Evidence E&E before class, summarize the applicable law and policy, practice the hypos, and make note of your professor’s nuances. Add in all of this info to your outline, if needed.
Finally, use your Evidence outline to write out the answers to all of the practice questions from the Evidence E&E. You’ll also want to take at least two timed practice exams. This will give you the confidence you need to ace your Evidence exam on test day.