Welcome to Law School Transfer Guide!
Hi I’m John — a litigator at a Vault 100 law firm. Here’s my story.
I went to a big state university and majored in political science. I suppose this means I was destined to go to law school. After all, what else is a poli sci major going to do for work in today’s economy. Start a blog? Hmm . . .
After a few years in the corporate world I decided to go to law school. But there was just one big problem — grades. See, my undergrad GPA was what one law school admissions counselor described as “unfortunate.”
I knew that if I wanted to go to a respectable law school I had to do extremely well on the LSAT. And that’s exactly what I did by following a three month LSAT study plan.
I applied to all of the T14 law schools (except Yale). I was rejected by each one. Disappointed but not deterred, I accepted a very small scholarship to attend a T2 law school.
I started law school with a single focus: finish 1L at the top of my class and transfer to one of the T14 schools that rejected me.
After receiving multiple Book Awards and crushing my 1L exams, I successfully transferred to one of the nation’s top law schools. The rest is history. I graduated with Latin Honors, passed the bar exam, and have worked in Biglaw ever since.
About Law School Transfer Guide
I created Law School Transfer Guide to share with you my no nonsense tips for how to succeed in law school and in the practice of law.
If you want to ace your law school exams, transfer law schools, land a great job after graduation, and successfully navigate law firm politics, this is the place to be.
Get started by checking out some of my most popular posts. Questions? Feel free to drop me a line in the Law School Transfer Guide Q&A.
Prepare For Law School
Law School Supplements
Law School Outlines
Law School Transfers
Law Firm Life
All Things Coffee
Explore all 28 of my posts:
- August 2017 (2)
- July 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (6)
- 26: 20 Law Schools Whose Grads Earn The Most Cash (0)
- 15: Law School Transfer Q&A (20)
- 09: 3 Best Constitutional Law Supplements (Con Law Made Easy) (0)
- 09: 3 Best Contracts Supplements (Contracts Made Easy) (0)
- 08: Best Criminal Law Supplements (Crim Law Made Easy) (0)
- 04: 3 Best Property Supplements (Property Made Easy) (0)
- March 2017 (6)
- 26: T14 Law School Transfer GPA Statistics (3)
- 24: 3 Best Torts Supplements (Torts Made Easy) (0)
- 18: Law Schools With The Worst Return On Investment (0)
- 18: Best Civil Procedure Supplements (Civ Pro Made Easy) (0)
- 09: How To Do Your Best On Law School Exams (Review) (0)
- 09: 1L Outlines For Law School Success
- February 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (4)
- November 2016 (3)
- October 2016 (1)