Welcome to Law School Transfer Guide!
Hi I’m John — a litigator at a Vault 100 law firm. Here’s my story.
I grew up in a small town. But when I turned 17 I went off to study at a big state university. I majored in political science, so I guess that I was destined to eventually go to law school.
After a couple years in sales I decided to make the jump. But there was just one big problem — GRADES. See, my undergrad GPA was what one law school admissions counselor described as “unfortunate.” Not bad, just not great.
I knew that if I wanted to go to a solid law school I had to do extremely well on the LSAT. And that’s exactly what I did by following a three month LSAT study plan.
I applied to all of the T14 law schools except Yale. I was rejected by each one. Disappointed but not deterred, I accepted a small scholarship to attend a T2 law school.
I started law school with a single focus: finish 1L at the top of my class and transfer to one of the T14 schools that rejected me.
After receiving multiple Book Awards and crushing my 1L exams, I successfully transferred to one of the nation’s top law schools. The rest is history.
About Law School Transfer Guide
I created Law School Transfer Guide to share with you my no nonsense tips for how to succeed in law school and in the practice of law.
If you want to ace your law school exams, transfer law schools, land a great job after graduation, and successfully navigate law firm politics, this is the place to be.
Get started by checking out some of my most popular posts.
Dominate The LSAT
Prepare For Law School
Law School Supplements
Law School Outlines
Law School Transfers
Law Firm Life
All Things Coffee
Explore all 31 of my posts:
- September 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (3)
- July 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (6)
- 26: 20 Law Schools Whose Grads Earn The Most Cash (0)
- 15: Law School Transfer Q&A (21)
- 09: 3 Best Constitutional Law Supplements (Con Law Made Easy) (0)
- 09: 3 Best Contracts Supplements (Contracts Made Easy) (0)
- 08: Best Criminal Law Supplements (Crim Law Made Easy) (0)
- 04: 3 Best Property Supplements (Property Made Easy) (0)
- March 2017 (6)
- 26: T14 Law School Transfer GPA Statistics (4)
- 24: 3 Best Torts Supplements (Torts Made Easy) (0)
- 18: Law Schools With The Worst Return On Investment (0)
- 18: Best Civil Procedure Supplements (Civ Pro Made Easy) (0)
- 09: How To Do Your Best On Law School Exams (Review) (0)
- 09: 1L Outlines For Law School Success
- February 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (4)
- November 2016 (3)
- October 2016 (1)
Feel free to drop me a line in the Law School Transfer Guide Q&A.